Meet Melissa (Masoumeh) Hashemi D.M.S
Melissa registered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography . She is licensed by the state of California. Melissa specializes in obstetric and gynecologic sonography, abdominal sonography, breast sonography, vascular sonography, and cardiovascular sonography. Melissa earned a degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and an ARDMS certification from the West Coast Ultrasound in Beverly Hills. She received her degree in the sciences and pre-medical studies at the Azad University of Tehran.
Melissa brings a patient-centric care experience to her practice. Along with providing her expertise, she believes in treating all her patients like family, and encourages them to ask questions so they are completely in the know every step of the way.
After receiving her CCP-HIPAA certification in Patient Handling, Radiation Safety, and Fetal Echocardiography from the University of California, Los Angeles, Melissa had the opportunity to work with patients in a variety of concentrations, including gynecological, prenatal, labor and birth, postpartum, and menopause, cardiovascular, arterial, and vascular in both the private practice and public health settings.she Certified Holistic Cancer Coach ,
More about Melissa
Her passion for dedicating her life to service in healthcare stems from wanting to help people from all walks of life understand their diagnosis and to guide them through their health journey. She has experienced loss of family and close friends due to cancer—and because of this, patients who are anticipating a cancer diagnosis hold a special place in her heart. She understands the strife and anxiety that they are going through, and she brings this empathy to her practice. She is a member of the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and SoCal Persian American Medical Association. She is Professional painter and can include paint therapy in the practice.Melissa is fluent in English, Farsi, and Turkish.
Achievements Till Now:
- California Board Certified Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Sonography Principle Instrumentation (SPI)/ARDM
- Cardiovascular/Echocardiography Specialist
- General Ultrasound Technologist
- Transcranial Doppler TCD
- Certified Holistic Cancer Coach
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- General Ultrasound Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Cardiovascular, Carotid Vascular Vein, and Arteries with Doppler, Lower and Upper Extremity Veins and Arteries with Doppler
- OB-GYN (obstetrics and gynecology) for early pregnancy viability, fetal biometry, fetal term, post-partum evaluation, and first, second, and third-trimester pregnancy
- Fetal Cardiac M-Mode Echocardiography